Welcome to my professional website.
I am a freelance professional living in Barcelona. My specialty is the localization of IT materials for the Spanish-speaking market. I am also part-time Content Manager at Brodynt Global Services, being in charge of maintaining and expanding the content in their website, newsletter, and marketing.
I have been director of the translation departments of three IBM vendors from 1989 to 1995, managing projects, coordinating teams, and dealing with terminology and quality assessment issues, always in direct contact with the customer. I have traveled and worked in the USA, Canada, Taiwan, and the UK. For 7 years I also was the Spanish localization consultant and QA specialist for Acronis, a leading international company in backup & recovery solutions.
Recently I have expanded my collaboration as a freelance localization specialist to several international agencies providing localization services to global corporations such as Intel, Cisco, and Pinterest. I am a licensed and expert user of some of the leading CAT tools, such as SDL Trados Studio and MemoQ.
|* SDL Trados Studio 2017||* IBM OpenTM2|
|* SDL Multiterm||* MS Office|
|* SDL Passolo||* Apache OpenOffice|
|* MemoQ||* CMS and DMS software|
- More than 20 years’ experience in localization, working as translator for international IT corporations and global localization providers.
- More than 15 years’ experience as localization manager and language vendor manager for IBM localization vendors. Creation and development of corporate translation departments.
- 12 years’ experience in Localization Testing. Frequent stays in the USA, Taiwan, UK and Canada as a linguistic tester for localization projects in software labs.
- More than 7 years’ experience as QA linguist in marketing materials, press releases, and other documentation.
- Experience with DMS, CMS and SEO.
You may also want to check my Testimonials page for your information on
feedback and customer satisfaction.
Contact me if you need any further details or a copy of my CV (in PDF).
If you wish to know more or you want to receive a quote for your localization project,
please fill in the form below.